Performance Health Checks with Tina Jennings
Crucial ways to unlock the strengths of your team to grow your business: an interview with Tina Jennings – Change and Culture specialist
Your team is critical to your business performance growth. As leaders, we need to understand their strengths and then fill in the gaps.
How can we unlock the power of our teams to grow our business?
Tina shared some crucial tips here:
Identifying your purpose, your values, your strengths, your mission and your strategy. Once you know this you then need to select people that can support and elevate it.
Hire people that align with your values. This is the one thing you really need to do. One of Tina’s many top tips: Always choose people that align with your values.
The rest will follow. You can train them on tech and platforms later.
Look at what their strengths are. Ask yourself how can you use those strengths for your business?
It’s a bit like playing chess. You’re a mastermind – putting all the pieces together in place to succeed and win.
I actually love playing chess! (Remember the Queen’s Gambit on Netflix? Many of us got hooked on it) Well in business it’s about moving yourself and your business forward using strategy, skill and expertise… and a bit of luck of course!
Once you connect your people to your purpose you can share the workload with them. Give them ownership and accountability and empower them to do their job.
If your team is happy and thriving, your business will be too.
I’ve been reading lots of books from Harvard Business Review on this topic and it seems that employee engagement really is linked to productivity.
“In organizations with low employee engagement scores, they experienced 18% lower productivity, 16% lower profitability, 37% lower job growth, and 65% lower share price over time”
These are the processes, systems, technology, communications flow and how your business is set up for optimal performance.
Tina shared with us that thriving businesses are:
- crystal clear on their purpose
- they know where they want to go
- they know how to deliver it
“The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” – Phil Jackson
Side note: If you haven’t already taken my 3 min quiz to help you scale your business you can do that here – lots of great insight>>
We talked about:
- How you can unlock the power of your team to scale your business
- How to ensure that the people that work for you are happy + thriving
- How you can connect your business purpose with your team to optimise performance
- How to think strategically about what resources you need to scale for growth
- Find out more about Tina and her company here.
Watching the interview
Looking for help?
When you’re ready to work with me here are the ways that I can help you
- Have you done The Ultimate Growth Audit? If you want to scale your business faster, identify the obstacles you’re facing, and get clear on how to remove them, my Ultimate Growth Audit is for you. It’s free and takes just 3 mins.
- Funded founders looking for business growth join me for a free growth strategy session>> Book here
- Not yet funded but you want to learn more? Join me on my free Growth Masterclass here